Portfolio Manager Student Operations
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $129,847 plus 17% Superannuation
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term role or secondment opportunity until 12th Jan 2024
- Exciting opportunity to provide operational leadership to Student Administration Services
- Base salary $129,847 plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The Portfolio Manager, Student Operations will provide leadership, operational management, expert advice and guidance throughout the translation and implementation of business plans, policy and planning within the Credit and Mobility operating units, part of Faculty Services. They will ensure effective management of operational and administrative systems, processes and programs to meet those requirements in alignment with University policies, rules and practices. The Manager for Credit & Mobility has two direct reports which in turn have over twenty direct reports. The role is dealing with a variety of stakeholders including Faculty staff such as Heads of Educations, Associate Deans and many teams such as Fees, Admissions, Sydney Global Mobility and more.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide timely advice and operational leadership support to the Credit and Mobility teams and executive
- manage the implementation and achievement of key objectives and results in alignment with the overarching plan for the Credit and Mobility teams
- manage communication and relationships with key stakeholders across the University
- maintain and manage policy compliance through team operations
- prepare and present data and reports in order to provide sound advice on a broad range of issues
- manage day to day operating activity for the work area including effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organising and decision making
- manage the efficient utilisation and deployment of resources for the work area and its related entities
- develop plans to guide the organisation for the purpose of ongoing process improvement
- ensure/manage policy compliance through team operations
- manage risk and workplace health and safety within the work area
- strong stakeholder engagement skills and customer service focus
- excellent time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- data management experience and literacy, ideally knowledge with Power BI/ high level Excel
- proven management experience at a senior level, together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and when necessary navigating through ambiguity
- experience within a regulated or policy driven environment
- experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff, and managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 9901 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 20 March 2023 11:59 PM