Senior Analyst, Designer AV
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $111,966 + 17% superannuation
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 1 X Full time continuing role, 3 x 3 year fixed term role
- The Senior Analyst/Designer plans, designs and delivers standards-based innovative AV client technology and collaboration solutions that inspire excellence in research and education.
- Base Salary $111,966 + 17% superannuation
The University of Sydney is on a journey of transformation. Information and Communications Technology is helping navigate the path. Enabling our educators. Powering our researchers. Empowering our students. Creating tomorrow today is what our team does. We are all about the future.
It's a bold mission that began in 1850 and continues every day. Our team is driven by a deep conviction that technology can make a positive difference today and can transform the future. We take this journey because we are innovators, leaders and change-makers. The University recognises what we are. We know who we are. It's an exciting ride that inspires us and the University community.
About the opportunity
The Senior Analyst/Designer AV sits within the Client Design and Standards (CD&S) team, part of the ICT Service Management department. The CD&S team provides AV design engineering and project management services to the University, working on a wide array of projects at all scales, from the delivery of new buildings, rolling replace/refresh for our AV technology fleet (installed across 1700+ spaces), to bespoke education and learning solutions for stakeholders across the University.
The Senior Analyst/Designer plans, designs and delivers standards-based innovative AV client technology and collaboration solutions that inspire excellence in research and education. The position acts as a senior business analyst and technology standards, compliance and design specialist working with senior University managers, stakeholders, architects, engineers and external consultants.
The role supports the CD&S Team through provision of administrative functions as well as the provision of skills development activities and mentorship for the team's analyst/designers. The position is pivotal to the development and delivery of new technology innovation and design standards at the University, and the Senior Analyst Designer is required to demonstrate creativity, initiative and sound judgement in order to continuously deliver cost-effective, fit-for-purpose standards-based learning technology and collaboration solutions for the University of Sydney.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Methodically investigates, analyses, reviews and documents all aspects of AV technology design functions and processes.
- Interprets requirements for improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their reliability and sustainability, and quantifies potential business benefits.
- Collaboratively creates and iterates viable AV system specifications, designs and performance criteria in preparation for the deployment of AV technology systems.
- Acts as a senior business analyst and technology standards and design consultant working with senior University managers, stakeholders, architects, engineers and external consultants.
- Identifies, analyses, clarifies and communicates the context of use in which solutions will operate, and the context of the goals of designs or services. Analyses and prioritises stakeholders' "user experience" needs and definition of required system behaviour and performance into standardised models. Resolves potential conflicts between user requirements and determination of usability objectives. Considers the whole user experience. Refines design solutions in response to user-centred evaluation and feedback and communication of the design to those responsible for implementation.
- The development and exploitation of expertise in delivery of AV technology techniques, methods, products and application areas. For major University projects, the Senior Analyst/Designer designs and delivers standards based innovative learning technology, client and collaboration solutions that inspire excellence in research and education.
- Supervises the production of technical specifications, schematics and standards-based system designs, to communicate user requirements in technical terms to analyst programmers, architects, solution integrators & project team members.
- Identifies the communication needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to ensure continual improvement of AV standards in order to deliver AV technology that is not only supportable and manageable at scale, but delivers best in class performance to the wide array of stakeholders across the University.
- demonstrated administrative and financial/project management experience with the ability to create data driven reports and presentations
- demonstrated experience in the management/supervision/administration of specialized, technology design staff where significant innovation and initiative is required
- demonstrated understanding and practical experience of University student/ learning processes and new developments in teaching practice
- more than two years demonstrated experience of systems implementations or large scale project environments working as a business analyst and AV/ICT solution designer
- strong technical competency (5+ years' experience) in the support and maintenance of AV client technology including Computing (Windows & Mac based hardware, OS & applications), SOE, Desktop and mobile/portable devices/environments.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent drafting package) used for the purposes of creating AV design schematics and specifications
- Highly desirable to have experience across some/all of the following range of software:
- Electroacoustic Modelling software (such as EASE address)
- 3D Modelling software (such as Sketchup)
- PDF mark-up software (such as Bluebeam Revu)
- DSP programming (e.g. QSC, Biamp, Symetrix, etc.)
- General experience with a variety of audiovisual manufacturer management software (Dante, Extron, QSC, etc.)
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 21 March 2023 11:59 PM