- TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION
- London, United Kingdom
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Times Higher Education is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university rankings, and with five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
We succeed by working together, collaborating across teams and global locations. We’re excited about the future. We embrace new ideas, innovative ways of working and open technologies so that we can help every educator in the world to raise global teaching standards.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries. We are data scientists, journalists, designers, salespeople, events managers, software engineers and more. Together, we are socially engaged and united by our passion to support academics, universities and students.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
This is a great opportunity to introduce Tableau to our finance and sales team, helping to drive our ambitious growth plans in furthering insight. We have ambitious plans for Tableau which we will be deploying for our finance team, as well as using with our shareholders to help support transparency for our financial performance. Further, you will be responsible for the management of connections to Salesforce and NetSuite, which we use for contracts and invoicing.
You will deliver reports to a wide range of audiences from the senior management team through to more junior members of the team. You will ensure that the reports and dashboards you develop satisfy the needs of end users and that you will collaborate effectively to deliver these requirements. You will be joining a small but innovative team of analysts and developers. You will be a team player, enjoy rolling your sleeves up and be creative in offering solutions. You will value communication and team work as much as technical skills.
Working with colleagues in the finance team presents the opportunity to automate reporting and improve workflow within that department. While an understanding of some financial concepts is welcome, it is not essential. An understanding of Salesforce and NetSuite is also welcome. Demonstrable SQL skills are key to the role. There is further potential to deploy Tableau to enhance our web analytics.
You will work well in a dynamic working environment, and you will have the aptitude, attitude, and gravitas to make this role your own. There is a strong focus on learning on the job, you will be working alongside an experienced team.
Key Tasks and responsibilities
THE are looking for a full time Tableau Dashboard Developer who wants to roll their sleeves up to create financial and sales analytic reports and dashboards for use by our colleagues in the finance and sales teams.
Key role responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding the dashboard/report that needs to be built, by liaising with internal teams across Finance, Sales, and Business Intelligence team
- Working collaboratively with finance and existing analysis team to ensure the correct KPI’s are surfaced in appropriate dashboards/reports
- Creating high quality interactive dashboards and reports for use internally
- Collaborate with other areas of the business that are already using Tableau
- Helping other Tableau users with the tool and being the general go-to person for Tableau functionality
- Garnering feedback on the use of dashboards and reports from internal users
- Agreeing updates for reports and dashboards
- Running data quality checks to ensure the information displayed via Tableau is correct
- Identifying and rolling out process improvements
- Education and experience requirements
- High proficiency in Tableau (including managing dashboard connections to databases) and demonstrable expertise in the development of professional Tableau reports and dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and experience in querying and analysing data
- Experience of using real-world data in dashboards and reports, and deriving insights from them
- Knowledge of SQL essential
- Understanding of data quality and quality assurance processes
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability, innovative at creating solutions
- Process-driven with meticulous attention to detail and experience of designing and implementing best practice processes
- Strong drive, self-motivated. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Working towards hard deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Knowledge of higher education an advantage
Key attributes we are looking for:
- A passion for creating insight from data
- Highly logical thinker who can quickly understand the potential for data solutions
- Self-starter and completer-finisher attitude to manage work
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- High energy and drive that suits a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.