Associate Dean Research & Knowledge Exchange
2 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL LANCASHIRE
- Preston, Lancashire (GB)
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Deans
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is an international, multi-campus Institution that can trace its roots back to 1828. UCLan is one of the UK’s largest universities with a staff and student community approaching 38,000. Our employment-focused course portfolio, with over 350 undergraduate programmes, nearly 200+ postgraduate courses, and a rich array of CPD courses means that students enjoy a first-class experience underpinned by research. Our current Strategic Plan runs until 2028 to mark the University’s 200th anniversary and seeks to “transform lives by delivering an outstanding educational experience and creating prosperity and opportunity in the communities we serve.”
The School of Business is home to over 3,000 students and 130 staff. UCLan has recently been awarded the maximum 5 Stars in the international QSStars standards: including Teaching, Employability, Facilities, Inclusiveness, and Internationalisation. We offer a comprehensive range of industry-focused and professionally accredited qualifications designed to meet the needs of current and aspiring business leaders. These range from Foundation Entry, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees to PhD and doctoral programmes, and an expanding range of CPD courses spanning the fields of Accounting, International Business, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Tourism and Hospitality.
The role of Associate Dean (Research & Knowledge Exchange) in the Business School is a new post that represents the opportunity to lead an expanding team of enthusiastic research-focused academics in support of the University Strategy.
The post holder will also work closely with other ADs for RKE alongside the PVC for RKE, to retain an oversight of the University RKE strategy leading into the next REF, KEF and beyond.
The new Associate Dean will possess a:
- Track record of providing strategic and visionary research and enterprise leadership, having successfully developed, led and implemented research and knowledge exchange strategies, including REF and KEF and KEC planning
- Experience of successful and supportive academic and people leadership through accountable appraisals
- Experience of having delivered projects which support successful research and knowledge exchange outcomes, having successfully built partnerships, interacting within HE, with industry or commerce, research and professional bodies
- Experience of developing a culture that is conducive to research.
We are committed to building a truly inclusive culture where diversity is championed. Applications are particularly welcomed from individuals who will diversify the University’s leadership team and support its development of a culture that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit the People Team webpages at www.uclan.ac.uk/jobs where you will be asked to provide the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- A covering letter (of no more than two A4 pages) summarising your experience, attributes, and your view of your overall suitability for the role.
The closing date for applications is close of play Friday 24 March 2023.
Final interviews will be held on Monday 24 April 2023.