Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics
- RADBOUD UNIVERSITY NIJMEGEN
- Nijmegen, Netherlands
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Research Related, Research Assistants / Officers
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Hispanic Studies section of Radboud University is looking for an Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics with expertise in language variation through language contact within the Americas. As an assistant professor you will be part of the Hispanic Studies section of the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures at the Faculty of Arts and participate in its educational programme on all levels. You will teach within the field of (Spanish) linguistics and you will also teach Spanish as a foreign language to BA students.
You are an inspiring teacher with a strong international research profile, demonstrating a global perspective on current academic and societal developments. You will be teaching BA and MA courses in (Spanish) linguistics (in Spanish, English and Dutch). You will also teach Spanish as a foreign language to BA students; supervise undergraduate students writing their BA or MA theses, participate in educational support activities such as tutoring; and actively contribute to the development of the curriculum. You will be closely involved with the organisation of the Hispanic Studies programme and assist in shaping its future trajectories. Your research will be embedded in the Radboud Centre for Language Studies (CLS). You are a productive and active researcher who conducts empirical research on language variation and publishes in international high impact journals. You will seek external funding and will be active in public engagement activities. You will cooperate with academic staff in research activities and will participate in committees and/or project groups within the Department, CLS or Faculty.
This role will require you to devote 0.5 FTE equivalent of your time to teaching and 0.3 FTE to research activities.
The Faculty of Arts at Radboud University is committed to diversity and inclusivity. Candidates from underrepresented groups are especially invited to apply.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in Netherlands
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Netherlands
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Research Related jobs in Netherlands
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Netherlands