Senior RF mm-Wave IC Designer
- Belgium (+32), Belgium
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, General Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Over 5000 expert scientists from over 95 countries shape tomorrow s world with their research which is typically 5 to 10 years ahead of the market. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India.
The Imec ARF group in Leuven enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced millimeter-wave (mm-Wave) communication and radar & sensing systems. In these fields our expertise ranges from antenna design, integrated front-end circuit design in Si and III-V based technologies, baseband and ADC circuit design in advanced CMOS, up to the definition and implementation of systems and related algorithms.
The ARF group also performs research in the fields of advanced wireline communication, future RF technologies, mm-Wave sensing for life sciences, and mm-Wave imaging.
Specifically for IC design, the group is led by Piet Wambacq and Jan Craninckx, and has an established state-of-the-art research reputation that has been confirmed over the years by our extensive presence in top conferences in solid-state circuit design, such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC, VLSI and CICC.
As an independent research center, we collaborate closely with top players in both industry and academia, giving our people a continuous exposure to both the latest evolutions in industrial challenges and approaches, as well as into the newest emerging academic ideas and paradigms.What you will do
We are looking for an experienced RF mm-Wave IC design researcher who can participate actively in the innovation and design of advanced integrated circuit mm-Wave front-ends.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Research and design innovative RF and mm-Wave circuits, both in CMOS and III-V technologies. These include both the actual mm-Wave front-end and the entire functionality of a beamforming transceiver.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of RF and mm-Wave designs taking into account the evolution of semiconductor and packaging technologies, that are also investigated at imec.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas and new technical innovations based on your solid technical experience.
- Take part in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospect, as part of the technical support.
- Publish your state-of-the-art research results in international conferences or journals.