Post-Doctoral position in cardiac modelling (HELP)
- UNIVERSITÉ DE BORDEAUX
- Pessac, Gironde, France
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs, Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
You have any knowledge of cardiac electrophysiology?
You know how to manipulate data and program mathematical models?
Join up the Liryc within the University of Bordeaux!
The LIRYC is a world-renowned institute specialized in the research and treatment of heart rhythm diseases. Its 4 missions are: research, innovation, training and care.
The HELP project is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. The aim of the HELP programme is to solve the major challenge of preventing sudden cardiac deaths caused by ultrafast ventricular arrhythmias.
The unique approach proposed to achieve this goal will combine two methods of electrocardiographic mapping and ultrasonic stimulation to detect critical signals present at micro-scale in the area of origin of arrhythmias.
In this context, we are looking for a Post-doctoral researcher in cardiac modelling.
The aim of the project is to develop a new non-invasive mapping and stimulation system for the body s surface. It will detect heart signals directly related to the substrate responsible for lethal arrhythmias for effective prediction of sudden cardiac death.
One task will be to develop a realistic computer model of the human heart with localized structural or functional heterogeneities, based on available experimental and clinical data.
This model will allow a wide range of myocardial abnormalities and stimulation modalities to be studied beyond what is experimentally possible, in order to understand in depth the mechanisms of arrhythmia and signal alterations.
As the Post-Doctoral reseacher, you will :
- Develop computer and mathematical models
- Study the relationship between tissue structure and identification of fibrillation risk based on the potentials recorded on the torso
- Build high resolution detailed finite element computer models based on CT and MR images
- Organize series of virtual computer experiments and analyze the data produced
- Conduct simulations in High Performance Computing (HPC) environment and write down data processing tools to analyze results
Apply for Post-Doctoral position in cardiac modelling (HELP)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly