Post-Doc position in molecular mechanisms of cardiac fibrillation
- UNIVERSITÉ DE BORDEAUX
- Pessac, Gironde, France
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs, Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Do you have knowledge of bio-energy and would like to be part of a cardiology research project?
Join the Institut de Rythmologie et de Mod lisation Cardiaque (IHU LIRYC) of the University of Bordeaux!
Over the years, the institute has developed a clinically relevant model of atrial fibrillation in ewes.
The MANDARINE project, aims to evaluate the impact of menopause on the progression of atrial fibrillation and remodeling processes.
In this context, we are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to study the physiopathological mechanisms of Atrial Fibrillation (AF) in the team of Dr. M l ze HOCINI.
The project includes analyses at different levels:
- in vivo sheep studies
- ex-vivo on isolated perfused heart and atrial preparation
- in vitro on permeable cells and isolated mitochondria
The main objective is to study the dynamics of remodeling processes during AF.
We pay particular attention to the involvement of metabolic remodelling (especially bioenergetic) and these interrelations with electrophysiological and structural remodelling. Special attention will also be paid to the influence of sex and menopause.
Its goal, in its translational approach, is to identify biomarkers in a preventive perspective and therapeutic targets targeting energy metabolism.
In parallel with the analysis carried out in animals (sheep and rodents), a clinical research program will be conducted using atrial and coronary sinus blood samples obtained from patients in a clinical electrophysiology study.
- You conduct, as far as possible independently, studies on isolated hearts infused with rodents and large mammals in accordance with experimental protocols
- You complement this work by studies of the bioenergetics of atrial cardiomyocytes (including respirometry), from isolated mitochondria and permeable peeled fibres, as well as global assessments of status bioenergetic atria by 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy
Apply for Post-Doc position in molecular mechanisms of cardiac fibrillation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly