Development Engineer Large Area icrofluidics
- Leuven, Belgium
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, General Engineering, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers, Research Support, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Development of flows in imec cleanroom lab environment for large area microfluidics and MEMSWhat you will do
Imec s Sensors and Actuators Technologies department is developing electronics on glass and flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow s flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a development engineer to contribute in our large area microfluidics technology developments. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with experience in cleanroom to develop new flows and processing steps.
In this job, your responsibilities will include:
- Follow-up of process runs and report to the responsible project manager or scientist.
- Contribute to the development of process flows for the realization of microfluidic and MEMS devices.
- Develop recipes for deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, using in particular tools like spin-coating, chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition.
- Photolithographic patterning of the deposited layers.
- Develop wet and dry etching recipes of thin-film materials.
- Physical and optical characterization of the deposited layers and realized devices.
- Regular reporting in a consistent and rigorous way.