Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
6 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF BREMEN
- Bremen, Germany
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Faculty 3 (Mathematics and Computer Science) of the University of Bremen is offering the following position limited for the duration of three years:
Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
At Faculty 3 Computer Science
Salary 13 TV-L (100%)
The employment is fixed-term and governed by the Act of Academic Fixed-Term Contract, 2 (1) (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available in accordance with 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
The internationally renowned research group of Computer Architecture at the University of Bremen develops design tools for computer-aided circuit and system design. The position focuses on the development of innovative methods to prove correctness in the design of embedded systems. The position is part of the Reinhart Koselleck project "PolyVer: Polynomial Verification of Electronic Circuits" funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for 5 years.
The research group cooperates closely with partners from industry as part of transfer projects, which are among others funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). In the graduate college System Design (SyDe) of the University of Bremen, new methods and techniques are developed and analyzed for their usability in the practical environment. Close cooperation with these projects is desired.
- Development of innovative methods to prove correctness in the design of embedded systems.
- Independent and dedicated work in close cooperation with internal and external project partners.
- Participation in the acquisition of research projects.
- Above-average academic university degree (university diploma or master's degree with at least 300 CP) in computer science or mathematics with a minor in computer science or comparable degree
- Profound knowledge in formal methods
- Very good programming skills in C/C++
- Good knowledge of English
- Willingness and ability to familiarize yourself quickly and comprehensively with new contexts
- High level of commitment, scientific interest and willingness to cooperate across projects
The possibility of a further scientific qualification with the goal of a doctoral degree is given and is strongly supported.
The university is family-friendly, diverse and sees itself as an international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
The University strives to increase the proportion of women on the academic staff and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially the same.
For further inquiries, please contact: Prof. Dr. Rolf Drechsler | Tel: 0421-218-63932 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application with the usual information (cover letter stating interest and motivation, CV, copies of degree certificates, references, etc.) under the reference number A327/22 by March 31st, 2023 to:
Universit t Bremen
Fachbereich 3 Informatik/Mathematik
Prof. Dr. Rolf Drechsler
Bibliothekstra e 5
or as one single PDF to: email@example.com.
For paper applications, please submit copies only (no binders) as we cannot return them; they will be destroyed after the selection process is complete.
Apply for Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly