Research Assistant (Centre for Trusted Internet and Community)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Research Assistant / Associate to work on an exciting project about digital well-being, funded by the Trusted Internet and Community (CTIC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The contract is renewable for up to 3 years.
The successful candidate will assist the funded research project entitled “Digital Wellbeing: Identifying, Testing and Measuring Framework Indicators Towards Digital Readiness, Inclusion and Safety”. The candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team of scholars based in Singapore to advance research and knowledge on digital wellbeing. The project aims to identify and measure digital wellbeing for digital readiness, inclusion and safety based on an original Digital Wellbeing Indicator Framework. This project adopts a mixed-method approach combining survey, interview, focus group, phone sensing, and experience sampling.
The successful candidate will be involved in conducting interviews, facilitating focus groups and qualitative coding, and supporting research admin and deliverables such as reports/journal articles, workshops and webinars.
Candidates should have at least a good Bachelor’s (Honours) degree or equivalent in the Social Sciences/Humanities, and demonstrated research experience in a relevant area of the humanities and social sciences. An interest and knowledge in digital wellbeing, digital inequality/divide, and new media will be a bonus.
The candidate should possess the following:
- Good project management, data administration skills, and an aptitude for working in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- Research experience in qualitative research (e.g., interview, focus groups) desirable;
- Strong research skills and experience in using (or willingness to learn) qualitative data analysis software (NVivo);
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, and the ability to write for a variety of audiences;
- Strong ability to perform editing work on manuscripts;
- Organizational skills for workshops and webinars;
- Ability to create and maintain a project website and social media.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Centre for Trusted Internet & Community
Department : NUS Centre for Trusted Internet & Community
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19341