Research Assistant (Biological Sciences)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with Dr. Lim Jun Ying on an ecological study aimed at understanding how habitat structure, plant taxonomic and functional diversity shape the diversity of insect communities in Singapore.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct fieldwork for insect trapping and vegetation surveys
- Conduct lab work to sequence insect samples
- Plant and insect specimen processing and identification
- Liaising with relevant parties and purchasing lab/field work equipment
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Life Sciences, or closely related field
- Familiar with basic field work and molecular laboratory procedures
- Insect and plant taxonomic knowledge is desirable (but not required)
- Fit enough to do field work multiple times a week
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply. Candidates with relevant research experience (e.g., undergraduate projects, final year project) will be favoured.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 19326