Research Assistant (Environmental Microbiology/Etoxicology)
7 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are seeking a successful candidate to join our team in investigating Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) selection and dissemination in the local aquaculture environment, including its transmission to aquatic animals. The chosen candidate will have the unique opportunity to explore the mechanisms of AMR transition in zebrafish, including embryos, larvae, and adults, under conditions that mimic those found in aquaculture farms.
The ideal candidate will bring their expertise and research skills to contribute to the project, as well as participate in the publication of papers. Furthermore, the candidate will have the chance to engage in intellectual exchange and networking by attending conferences and other meetings.
This position is for a one-year term, with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance. The compensation and benefits package is internationally competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Applicants should have
- A master’s degree in environmental engineering, or a related discipline, with background of water supply and microbiology
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office, R, QIIME2, and bioinformatics
- Experience of operation of one of the following instruments
- Liquid Chromatography with and without tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Confocal laser Scanning microscopy (CLSM)
- DNA sequencing analysis and preparation
- DNA and RNA Extraction (Soil and Cell/Tissue)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (qPCR)
- Bacterial Culture, Plating, and Cloning
- Water Quality and Monitoring Procedure
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Experience in producing reports and peer-reviewed publications.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute