Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- MASARYK UNIVERSITY
- Brno, Czech Republic
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
Department: Department of Corporate Economy – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 25 Apr 2023
Start date: September 1st, 2023
Job type: part-time
Job field: Human resources and HR | Science and research | Education and schooling
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
Lecturer in Human Resource Management
The Department of Business Management at Masaryk University is looking for a highly motivated, experienced part-time (20 hours a week) Lecturer. The successful candidate should have a business experience in a senior position in human resource management or in a managerial position. The lecturer will participate in the teaching of Human Resource Management-related courses, supervise bachelor and master theses, and help to meet the social role of the university (e.g., cooperation with businesses, popularisation of professional topics).
What does the position entail?
- participation in teaching bachelor and master courses in the Business Management program with a workload of 7 - 9 hours per week,
- supervision of bachelor and master theses,
- active collaboration with other members of the department,
- developing cooperation with both local and international companies,
- participating in the popularisation activities for public,
- participating in applied research projects.
What do we require?
- Master degree in the field of Business Administration, Management, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Psychology, or a related field,
- at least five years of business experience in a senior position in human resource management or in a managerial position,
- experience with lecturing and tutoring,
- ability to lecture and communicate in the English language (native speaker or at least C1 level),
- interest in staying at the faculty for at least 3 years,
- the starting date of the contract is September 1st, 2023.
What do we offer?
- A part-time (20 hours a week) Lecturer position at one of the highest-ranked universities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe,
- the possibility of cooperation within the European network of EDUC universities,
- a 1-year initial contract with an extension for another 3 years in case of meeting annual goals,
- an initial wage of 20 000 – 25 000 CZK/month (around 830 – 1 050 EUR) + bonuses,
- opportunities for professional growth (e.g., university seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects),
- flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career,
- wide range of employee benefits (e.g., 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to pension savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff, sports activities, vaccination),
- relocation support and help from the International Staff Office (ISO),
- friendly and international working environment,
- opportunity to work and live in a modern and safe city close to three European capitals Vienna, Prague, and Bratislava.
About the workplace
Masaryk University (MUNI) is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a solid commitment to high-quality research and education. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university city of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent OECD Better Life Index data, the Czech Republic ranks next to the US and the UK. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g., Prague, Vienna, Budapest), variety of cultural and entertainment attractions, and top personal safety make Brno one of the top 100 university cities in the world according to students. More details can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
The Department of Business Management is a part of Masaryk University, offering bachelor, master, and doctoral study programs in Business Management. The department develops a multidisciplinary pole of expertise to propose both fundamental and applied research. Department's research activities include R&D investment and performance feedback; Family business continuity and performance; Customer classification, attitudes, and decision-making; New business models in the circular economy; Positive human resource management; Information systems business value; Knowledge management in projects and others. The departmental website is at the link: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/about-us/organizational-structure/562000-deptof-corporate-economy
Application and selection procedure
The application shall be submitted online by April 25th, 2023, via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide the following:
- professional CV, including a summary of work experience and description of lecturing/tutoring experience,
- a Cover letter explaining the candidate's motivation for the position just at Masaryk University and in the Czech Republic.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
For further information about the position and the department, please contact the head of the department Jakub Prochazka, email: mailto:email@example.com .
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact the head of the HR department Jana Levá, email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. The selection process is based on an Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: 3-year contract with possible prolongation and tenure-track academic position
EU Researcher Profile: R1
Working Hours: 0.5 FTE (part-time employment of 20 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: September 1st 2023
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: April 25th, 2022
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
prof. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D., děkan
Brno, March 6.3.2023