Research Fellow (Dept of Biochemistry)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow position with immediate effect in the Immunology Translational Research Programme and Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on contract basis for a duration of 2-3 years.
Purpose of the post
Membrane transporters regulate the transport of nutrients through cell membrane. Previous work has shown the importance of these transporters for animal physiology (Nature, 2017, JBC 2020, Nat Comms 2021, JCI 2020; Cell Reports 2022). We are currently interested in studying the roles of membrane transporters in the blood brain barrier of the brain.
Main duties and responsibilities
The postdoc candidate will lead research projects in which he or she will work with the PI to study the physiological impacts of membrane transporters in cells/animals physiology. The postdoc candidate will be able to:
- Independently lead research projects with experience in mouse work.
- Design and Perform experiments, interpret the data, and write papers.
- Assist with any other duties such as training junior lab members.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
The applicant should hold a PhD or MD with strong interests and 1-3 years of experiences in biomedical research field. The applicants should have at least 01 publication in peer-reviewed journals at the point of application. Experiences should include the follows but not limited to:
- Strong research interests in biochemistry and membrane proteins.
- Experience in working with knockout mouse models.
- Experience with gene expression in common cell lines and primary murine cells.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques is preferred such as molecular cloning, protein expression/purification, immunoprecipitation, Western blots.
- Self-motivation to be an independent research and strong teamwork are preferable.
We offer a highly competitive research environment with state-of-the-art technology for career development. Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to principle investigator Dr. Long Nguyen at email@example.com.
Formal application: Please submit your application including a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations) and full contacts of 3 referees to:
Dr. Long Nguyen
MD7, Department of Biochemistry,
8 Medical Drive Singapore 117597
Monthly salary range: Negotiable based on experiences. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Deadline for applications by 15 April 2023.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19329