Research Fellow (Project Manager), Asian Institute of Digital Finance
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF)
The Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) is a university-level institute in the National University of Singapore (NUS), jointly founded by The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the National Research Foundation (NRF) and NUS. AIDF aspires to be a thought leader, a FinTech knowledge hub, and an experimental site for developing digital financial technologies as well as for nurturing current and future FinTech researchers and practitioners in Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding in sustainability issues in agricultural supply chains, including environmental, social, and economic impacts of agricultural activities.
- Develop field surveys to measure the sustainability of entities in agricultural supply chains, initially focusing on key crops in the region such as palm, rubber, coffee etc.
- Liaise with regional stakeholders involved in the administrations of the field surveys to facilitate effective completions of the surveys.
- Develop and deliver high quality reports and papers to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices in sustainability in agricultural supply chains.
- PhD's degree in sustainability, environmental science, agricultural economics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in sustainability, corporate responsibility, or related fields, preferably in the agricultural sector.
- Working knowledge of sustainability issues related to agricultural supply chains, such as climate change, water use, biodiversity, and labor rights.
- Familiarity with greenhouse gas emission frameworks, and in particular, their application to small agricultural entities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write reports and deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asian Institute of Digital Finance
Department : FinTech Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19334