Postdoctoral Research Associate on Musculoskeletal Clinical Trials
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $100,717- $107,516 + 17% superannuation
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs, Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time fixed term 2 year role at Camperdown
- Postdoctoral Research Associate to work as a trial manager on two exciting MRFF-funded trials aiming to improve healthcare for people with musculoskeletal conditions
- Base Salary $100,717- $107,516 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
At the Institute for Musculoskeletal Health our partnership between the Sydney Local Health District and the University of Sydney School of Public Health provides a platform to strengthen clinician-researcher alliances and improve the translation of the University's research into the community.
We have an exciting role for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work as a trial manager on two MRFF-funded trials that aim to improve equitable access to effective and affordable healthcare for people with musculoskeletal conditions. Your research focus will be on reducing waiting times in outpatient clinics and examining virtual health solutions in fracture clinics.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- conduct research or scholarly activities within discipline or area of expertise
- develop and refine research skills and independent research under the supervision of more senior academic staff
- maintain quality, standards and excellence in any research activities and output
- undertakes administration primarily related to their activities at the University
- have a PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- clinical and/or research experience in the management of musculoskeletal conditions
- experience in conducting original research and/or engaging in scholarly activity
- a developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit:NSW Health employment requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cecilia Blamey, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Saturday 01 April 2023 11:59 PM