IT Service Desk Lead
- UNIVERSITY OF SURREY
- Surrey, United Kingdom
- £34,308 to £36,386 per annum
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary: £34,308 to £36,386 per annum
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Monday 20 March 2023
As part of an exciting and ambitious digital transformation, the University of Surrey is seeking a Service Desk Lead, responsible for leading all Service Desk operations, and ensuring the team achieves high customer satisfaction levels while meeting and exceeding agreed service level agreements.
This is a role critical to the success of Service delivery within the University’s busy IT Services department, improving IT Services for staff and students.
The IT team at Surrey are plugged in to the whole University, and our digital transformation work underpins the University’s strategy. IT is growing our digital transformation capability, improving student experience, and helping increase our research impact.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Service Desk Lead will provide a professional, customer focussed service to all customers. You’ll ensure that customer expectations are exceeded, and service levels are achieved. During incident management, you will identify the key issues at hand, initiate the most suitable course of action and work with appropriate colleagues to resolve the incident.
You’ll coordinate and have oversight of Incident Management performance, communication and case management quality and standards, and act a technical and procedural escalation point for queries from Service Desk Analysts, members of IT staff and University staff and students.
Other responsibilities include:
- Lead the Service Desk and oversee inbound case logging and incident or service request resolution activities within the team. Develop solutions as appropriate to meet SLA’s including resourcing, hours of service, skill transfer, development of knowledge
- Monitor the performance of the Service Desk through CSAT scores and the development of SLAs and KPI’s and report against them on a regular basis, as required by senior management
- Analyse incidents and requests to identify gaps in service performance, implementing immediate short terms plans and developing medium and long term improvements to improve the customer experience, reduce avoidable demand and improve operational efficiency
- Act as an escalation point for team members as well as manage customer escalations
- Provide high-level professional and processes guidance. Monitor staff performance for telephony etiquette and stats, call handling quality, case resolution and case quality
What’s in it for you?
We think Surrey is an amazing place to work. We’re a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research, and are carefully crafting a dynamic, flexible, and fun place to work and thrive.
Our campus is based in beautiful landscaped grounds, offering greenery, a lake and plenty of space for colleagues to meet, collaborate and reflect.
Alongside our unique collegiate atmosphere on-site and flexible hybrid/home working opportunities, we also offer:
- 32 days holiday (25 days Annual Leave PLUS 7 University shut down days at Christmas and Easter) PLUS Bank Holidays
- 30% Pension contribution (E’er 21%, E’ee 9%)
- On-site nursery with 50% discount for staff, Ofsted “Good”, 91% satisfaction rating
- Discounted Bupa membership & access to wellbeing centre
- Travel benefits including Rail Season Ticket Loan schemes, on site parking discount, cycle to work scheme and relocation funding
- Discounted access to world-class leisure facilities
Please apply for this role via the University Jobs page.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.
Further details: Job Description
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
In return we offer a generous pension, relocation assistance where appropriate , flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working locations (dependent on work duties), access to world-class leisure facilities on campus, a range of travel schemes and supportive family friendly benefits including an excellent on-site nursery.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.