Associate Professor Computing and Information Technology
- THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE AUSTRALIA
- Newcastle, Australia
- $152,252 + 17% superannuation.
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full-time, Permanent role, based at the Callaghan Campus
- Academic Level D
- Embrace new teaching pedagogies with a view to enhancing student experience
School of Information and Physical Sciences | Academic Level C | Full Time | Continuing | Callaghan
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We can’t do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
The School of Information and Physical Sciences includes the disciplines of Computing and IT Data Science and Statistics, Mathematics, and Physics. The School’s academics comprise many of the leading researchers within the University of Newcastle; identifying and supporting key concentrations of research strength.
Computing and IT offers courses across undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The successful candidate should expect to be involved in all aspects of cross campus and cross institution course delivery.
As a key senior academic in the School of Information and Physical Sciences, the Associate Professor will have a national esteem and reputation for excellence in research, teaching and learning, and service and engagement with professional, academic and community organisations.
Based at the leafy Callaghan campus in Newcastle, this role will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise in the Computing and Information technology Discipline.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high-quality teaching in various formats
- A well-established, internationally recognised research record including publications in leading academic journals
- A strong record of generating research funds from competitive grants and/or other sources to support research
- A history of leading teaching innovation including the interdisciplinary development of online and digital program and course materials.
How will we support you?
The remuneration for this position is from $152,252 + 17% superannuation.
The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Let’s be part of something bigger together.
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- Your CV, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
For additional information on the position contact Professor Thomas Nann, Head of School via email Thomas.Nann@newcastle.edu.au.
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 5 April 2023 at 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you