Senior Contracts Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $111,966-$126,271 + 17% superannuation
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time, continuing role
- Excellent opportunity to be valued for your contract administration service skills
- Base Salary range $111,966-$126,271 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Senior Contracts Officer works within the Commercial and Contracts team responsible for providing commercial contract administration services for COS (Central Operations Services), including contract drafting, variations, breach notices etc. The role is expected to take a proactive approach in contract administration and supplier management to ensure high performance and value for money outcomes are achieved for all COS teams. Working closely with the Commercial Manager, the Senior Contracts Officer supports in the delivery of the contract management framework within COS.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide commercial and contracting services and administration to COS in accordance with University Procurement policy and best-practice commercial and value for money principals for all COS teams
- provide contract advice and administration in the form of variations, drafting letters, issuing breach notices and being involved in supplier management discussions
- provide hands on support for preparation of contract documentation
- draft necessary contract variations for review by the Commercial Manager, including scope and pricing changes (and update pricing models if required)
- participate in supplier performance meetings and provide commercial advice where required
- contribute to regular operations and delivery reports, assisting the Commercial Manager on forecasting and resource management
- provide advice and support on the use of the University's Procure to Pay system known as Unibuy (Ariba)
- actively engage with and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- demonstrated experience in contract administration and supplier management
- demonstrated experience in applying commercial acumen on contracts (including assessment of value for money) and championing the importance of good supplier management,
- experience with Procure to Buy systems like Unibuy (Ariba) or similar
- excellent time management, written and verbal skills and very high attention to detail.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 19 March 2023 11:59 PM