Senior Research Fellow (Sensor Chief Product Officer)
4 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Centre for Advanced 2D Materials (CA2DM) is looking for its Sensor Chief Product Officer (CPO) who will partner with CA2DM Chief Technology Officers and research staff, and report to the CA2DM Director. Supported by the National Research Foundation, CA2DM conducts an advanced research programme on graphene-based biosensors with the ambition to disrupt the wellness and fitness industries.
The Sensor CPO will work cross-functionally with the Centre's sensor research, development, and valorization teams to support the direction and drive the maturation of CA2DM's current and future portfolio of sensor 2D materials and products. In particular, the Sensor CPO will be responsible for day-to-day strategic support of research, industralization, and programmatic operations in the sensor space, focusing on graphene CVD industrialization, graphene functionalization, and packaged sensors development. Working closely with CA2DM's principal investigators, project leads and corporate partners to overcome the complexities of maturing graphene sensor technologies and applications, the Sensor CPO will strengthen CA2DM's capabilities regarding pre-industrialization and market entry.
- Strategize with CA2DM leadership and CA2DM corporate partners on sensor-related portfolio steps and directions, to ensure the relevance of CA2DM's RDI capabilities in the biosensing field
- Provide "on-the-fly" technical, experimental and industrialization expertise to assist in guiding and supporting CA2DM officers and staff, seeking appropriate input from both faculties and corporate partners, and in strategic alignment with the Centre's roadmap
- Operationalize the overall biosensor-related product cycle plans for the Centre, assign development efforts and product requirements across affiliated teams
- Maintain a hands-on operational and innovation mindset to coordinate experts and technicians, articulating the operations to prioritize translating technologies to market (i.e., managing scientific expectations, experimental works, intellectual property strategies, and partnerships. The advanced research capabilities dedicated to biosensors within CA2DM constitute one of the core translational practices of the Centre.
- Identify gaps between what CA2DM needs to do to be successful in target markets and what the Centre is on track to achieve and align CA2DM teams on plans to close gaps
- Oversee and support the overall CA2DM portfolio of graphene-based sensing projects, with a particular focus on graphene-based sweat biosensors: sharing ideas, industrial protocols and supply chain know-how, identifying risks and suggesting appropriate risk management measures, helping monitor the progress of the applied research and operations, and participating when relevant in the necessary deliverables to ensure that applied research milestones are met and timelines stay on track
- Lead CA2DM experimental teams in implementing maturation best practices. Design, adapt and install processes for improving maturation predictability, quality and repeatability. Correlate these practices with the spin-offing roadmaps structured by the CA2DM leadership. Oversee their impacts and relevance.
- Serve as liaison with NUS research offices, Office of Legal Affairs and Industry Liaison Office on issues of intellectual property, project and research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc, and external funding agencies, regarding the pipeline of CA2DM biosensing projects
- Recommend and schedule training needed to prepare CA2DM's staff population to utilize new tools, systems, and processes during the maturation phases
- Enhance R&D organization's knowledge end expertise in scientific areas as well as areas of project and maturation program management
- Partner with CA2DM Director of new ventures in designing, refining technology-to-market strategies, including B2B marketing approaches, business development and application development templates, etc
- Promote open innovation and creative thinking throughout the Centre
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Prerequisites
- A PhD in materials science or engineering is mandatory, with a focus on CVD graphene or graphene-related applications preferred
- A previous entrepreneurial experience in a graphene related field would be a plus, either as a startup founder or in a product related senior position with an innovative startup
- Minimum ten years of experience with graphene - or 2D materials - applications and supply chain, and B2B industrialization processes
- Minimum five years of exposure to sales, marketing, procurement, commercialization, and consortium building in industrial B2B contexts
- Ability to support and effectively lead numerous teams and interface with multiple stakeholders, and report accordingly on a portfolio of translational research projects
- Inclusive and team player, who avoids self-promotion. Adhere to high ethical standards.
- Hands-on, analytical, empathetic, creative, passionate professional committed to ongoing progress
- Well spoken and written English language ability is a must
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Centre for Advanced 2D Materials
Job requisition ID : 18727