Research Engineer at Department of the Built Environment
5 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A Research Engineer position is available in the research project that is focussed on an innovation in air-conditioning (AC) and fan systems to achieve low energy cooling at warmer indoor temperature setpoints without compromising occupant satisfaction. It involves the synergistic contribution from adaptability in AC design and operation in combination with elevated air movement with fans.
The project involves the implementation of sensors for physical measurements, adjustment on cooling coil configurations and control, and evaluation of an adaptable cooling coil performance. This is envisaged to dynamically respond to a wide range of load conditions, and yet maintain an efficient energy performance and effective cooling, dehumidification, and ventilation requirements.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting performance evaluation of the innovative air-conditioning system (AC) and control (this is led by the Principal Investigator [PI] and Co-Investigators)
- Assisting PI in managing the project including system installation, commissioning, and coordination at 2 sites (NUS and BCA)
- Perform physical measurement, both coil performance and room side physical condition, before and after renovation
- Project documentation and report writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or related fields.
- 1-2 years of experience (either industry or research experience)
- Practical skills in designing, operating, and evaluating AC system
- Ability to write and develop drafts for report
- Communication skills (needed for project management and liaison with project team and external vendors
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : The Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18146