Teaching Assistant, Adult Nursing
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £29,619 - £34,308 per annum
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Nursing & Midwifery at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an experienced clinical nurse to the post of Teaching Assistant, Adult Nursing to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate will provide assistance to colleagues engaged in the teaching process in the relevant discipline as assigned by the Director of Education.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Relevant nursing qualification (RN Adult on the live NMC Register);
- BSc in Health-related discipline;
- Substantial relevant recent clinical experience; and
- Experience of teaching in a clinical setting.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post available until 27 October 2023. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Emma Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Further information for international applicants