Senior Research Fellow in Cardiovascular Disease
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £43,414 - £53,353 per annum
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Senior Research Fellow in Cardiovascular Disease in the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine.
This post is funded as part of the All-Island Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) network, which aims to integrate and build upon existing strengths in paediatric cardiology research across the island of Ireland.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Primary Degree
- PhD in a relevant subject area
- A minimum of three years’ research experience at postdoctoral level in a relevant cardiovascular field, ideally with a primary interest in cardiovascular genetics, heart muscle disease and cardiovascular development
- Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience
- Research profile which complements the priorities and strengths of the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine in cardiovascular research
- Experience of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques
- Experience of presentations at national and international meetings and conferences.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term contact for 48 months, or available until 31/03/2027, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Derek Brazil at email@example.com.
Attractive Reward Package
About the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine
About the network
Further information for international applicants