Associate Dean Research and Knowledge Exchange
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL LANCASHIRE
- Preston, United Kingdom
- Management contract (competitive salary)
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Deans
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Engineering
Grade: Management contract (competitive salary)
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is an international, multi-campus Institution that can trace its roots back to 1828. UCLan is one of the UK’s largest universities with a staff and student community approaching 38,000. Our employment-focused course portfolio, with over 350 undergraduate programmes, nearly 200+ postgraduate courses, and a rich array of CPD courses means that students enjoy a first-class experience, alongside accessible and relevant research that makes a contribution to society. Our current strategic plan runs until 2028 which will mark the university’s 200th anniversary. The vision through which the plan will be delivered is to “transform lives by delivering an outstanding educational experience, creating prosperity and opportunity in the communities we serve.”
The role of Associate Dean Research and Knowledge Exchange in the School of Engineering and Computing is a new post that represents the opportunity to lead an expanding team of enthusiastic research and knowledge exchange-focused academics in the heart of Lancashire.
The successful candidate will significantly contribute to the enhancement of research capacity and capability, knowledge exchange and scholarly activity through leading the development of the school’s research infrastructure and overseeing its research and knowledge exchange work allocation for engineering. The candidate will actively engage and support research degree tutors in the school, and research supervisors, to ensure the best experience for postgraduate research students. You will actively engage with research and KE leads to ensure outputs are delivered against university targets and opportunities are embraced and realised.
The candidate will work closely with other Associate Deans in the School to promote, encourage, and drive research-focused and knowledge exchange focussed and research-informed teaching across the new School. The post holder will also work closely with other ADs for RKE alongside the PVC for RKE, to retain an oversight of the University RKE strategy leading into the next REF, KEF and beyond.
The new Associate Dean will possess a:
- Substantial track record of providing strategic and visionary research and innovation leadership, having successfully developed, led and implemented research strategies, including REF planning
- Substantial track record of providing strategic and visionary knowledge exchange leadership, having successfully developed, led and implemented knowledge exchange strategies, including REF and KEF and KEC planning
- Experience of successful and supportive academic and people leadership
- Experience of having delivered projects which support successful research and knowledge exchange outcomes, having successfully built partnerships, interacting within HE, with industry or commerce, research and professional bodies.
We are committed to building a truly inclusive culture where diversity is championed. Applications are particularly welcomed from individuals who will diversify the University’s leadership team and support its development of a culture that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
How to Apply:
Applications should include the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- A covering letter (of no more than two A4 pages) summarising your experience, attributes, and your view of your overall suitability for the role.
The closing date for applications is by close of play Sunday 26 March 2023.
Shortlisting will take place Thursday 30 March 2023.
Final interviews will be held on Wednesday 19 April 2023.