Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Applied Finance
5 days left
- MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY - SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
- North Ryde, Australia
- $110,274 to $154,843 plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- 07 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Located in Sydney, the Department of Applied Finance at Macquarie University Business School invites applications for a continuing Lecturer/Senior Lecturer position (the equivalent of tenure track Assistant Professor in North America). Candidates in any field of finance are invited to apply.
The Department of Applied Finance is a research-oriented department with undergraduate, masters, and PhD programs. Our staff produce world class industry engaged research, published in high quality journals. Staff are provided financial support for their research endeavours. In 2022, QS ranked our PG programs #1 in Australia.
Your responsibilities will include producing research that is published in leading international refereed journals; teaching and advising undergraduate and graduate students; and encouraging a high level of accomplishment in students.
By engaging with the world around us, Macquarie Business School helps provide students with the knowledge and insight to make a positive impact, produce innovative research, provide visionary analysis and demonstrate thought leadership.
We work with our academic and corporate partners, students and alumni to create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges.
We educate future leaders and take pride in our integrated curriculum, which develops robust skill sets and attracts higher degree students to engage in high-quality research. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs. The highly innovative Global MBA program has been launched on the Coursera platform to critical review, and a range of new and exciting on-campus programs have recently entered the market.
Macquarie Business School is on an exciting trajectory and aspires to be recognised as a leading global centre of business education and research, working in partnership with business and other stakeholders to transform the lives of our students, generate change in policy and practice, and make a positive impact in the world.
All applications must be received via our recruitment portal and must include a CV and cover letter responding to the selection criteria below:
- A PhD (completed or near completion) in finance or a related business field;
- A record of quality research publications in respected outlets
- Engagement, or a plan for engagement, with the wider community in order to further enhance teaching and or research outcomes;
- A record of high-quality teaching in finance or related business field;
- An ability to develop new approaches to teaching in finance including online and digital approaches to the delivery of coursework programs;
- Evidence of work as a team player in the delivery of administrative tasks related to teaching and research;
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Vito Mollica, Head of Department- firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Letitia Poile, HR Consultant - Letitia.email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday, 4 April 2023 at 11:55 pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.