Global Perspective Examiners
- CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (GB)
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Cambridge Assessment International Education is growing and over 10 000 schools in more than 160 countries are now part of our Cambridge International learning community.
To support our continued growth worldwide, we are expanding our examiner network, and inviting teachers to develop their professional practice by becoming Cambridge examiners.
We currently have new examiner vacancies for AS & A Level Global Perspectives and Research
Cambridge International AS & A Level Global Perspectives and Research prepares learners for positive engagement with our rapidly changing world.
Learners broaden their outlook through the critical analysis of - and reflection on - issues of global significance. The Cambridge International AS & A Level Global Perspectives and Research syllabus is based on skills rather than on specific content. Learners develop research, thinking, reasoning and communication skills by following an approach to analysing and evaluating arguments and perspectives called the Critical Path. Collaborative skills are enhanced through participation in a team project. The skills gained through study of Cambridge International AS & A Level Global Perspectives and Research enable students to meet the demands of twenty-first century learning and to make a successful transition to study in higher education.
Requirements are that applicants will:
- be educated to degree level
- have three years of teaching experience (in any subject)
- have experience of teaching 14 to 19 year olds (desirable)
- have a broad interest in contemporary global issues and a skills-based qualification at AS & A Level (or equivalent).
- have a PC/MAC, a fast and reliable broadband connection and good IT literacy
Successful applicants will have:
- a keen eye for detail
- the ability to work well under pressure
- the ability to keep to deadlines
As an examiner you will be marking a specific number of scripts in line with approved marking instructions and to the required standard. For more information on the role of an examiner please visit our website.
- a powerful insight into the teaching and assessment of Cambridge qualifications
- support in developing your own professional practice
- the highest standards of training and support
- payment per script marked
- freelance opportunities, based on contracts for service for each examination series, which fit around your existing commitments.