Research Assistant, Mind-Science Centre
4 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
NUS Mind-Science Centre, Department of Psychological Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
The Mind-Science Centre (MSC) is under the direction of the NUS Department of Psychological Medicine and undertakes research across the age continuum and translates the outcomes into effective and scalable interventions in communities across Singapore.
The MSC is undertaking a Probiotic Intervention Study that aims to establish if regular probiotic use will change gut microbiota composition and enhance cognitive performance in older adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment. Changes in immune and inflammatory markers, fecal short chain fatty acids and ammonia and blood cortisol levels will be analysed as well.
- Assist in screening, recruitment, scheduling and consent taking of participants.
- Conduct cognitive assessments with participants.
- Update all related administration and research documents.
- Manage research data, data entry, data cleaning and ethics/legal compliance.
- Conduct data analysis for the Community Health and Intergenerational (CHI) Study, Longitudinal follow-up of the CHI Study, and any other study as required.
- Perform literature review and assist in writing research papers for publication and conference presentation.
- Good Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences or Psychology from a recognised institution is preferred.
- Preferably with 1-2 years working experience in lab or clinical research.
- Experience in conducting psychological and neuropsychological assessments is preferred, otherwise necessary training will be provided.
- Able to perform analysis using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Knowledge in research ethics and completed the CITI.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Team-oriented with strong coordination and organisational skills, but still able to work independently.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice is a plus.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Psychological Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18787