Research Fellow, Biological Sciences
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Neuron Signaling Lab led by Asst. Prof. Siew Cheng PHUA is a new research group in the Department of Biological Sciences at National University of Singapore. We are utilizing advanced in vivo imaging and molecular approaches with machine learning to unravel how sub-cellular signaling events in brain cells differentially instruct gene expression patterns encoding learning and memory. By illuminating the cell biology in behaving brain, we gain real-time knowledge of how cognitive processes take form and seek for better ways to improve learning in normal and pathological states.
We are actively seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join our laboratory and lead a project on investigating the molecular basis of goal-directed learning behavior.
Applicants should write to Dr. Phua at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed cover letter and CV that include your (i) qualifications (ii) research interests (iii) research experience (iv) 3 references. The position is available immediately, but we are happy to wait for the candidate with the ideal combination of skills and interests.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- A recent PhD degree in biological or medical sciences, with neuroscience specialization
- Relevant Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated expertise in rodent stereotaxic surgeries (at least 2 years of experience) is a must
- Experience in in vivo recording techniques (e.g. electrophysiology, fiber photometry, miniscope imaging) will be strongly considered
- Excellent knowledge and experience in rodent behavior tests, especially related to learning and memory
- Some experience in computational image or data analysis will be preferred
- Strong motivation and curiosity to ask and pursue challenging scientific questions
- Enthusiasm in training and mentoring will be favorable
- Evidence of good writing and oral communication skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 18789