Research Fellow (Bioinformatics)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with Dr Liu Boxiang on the development of novel computational models and the analysis of single-cell and spatial transcriptomics data.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Single-cell and single-nucleus RNA-seq analysis
- Spatial transcriptomic data analysis
- Designing novel statistical methods for single-cell and spatial transcriptomic data
- Qualifications / Discipline: PhD degree in a relevant discipline (including computer science, statistics, genomics, bioinformatics, biology, drug design, etc)
- Skills: Computer Science / Statistics / Genomics / Bioinformatics
- Experience: Statistical modelling, single-cell, QTL, and other genomic data analysis
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 19290