Research Assistant Professor / Post-doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (99829)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Research Assistant Professor / Post-doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (Ref.: 519614)
Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (“ABIC”) is collaborative effort coordinated by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) undertaking R&D projects at the Hong Kong Science Park. The aim of the Centre is to develop new and disruptive biomedical instrumentation that will meet the growing needs in medicine and contribute sustainably to human health.
We now invite applications for the captioned post(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving research activities towards defined goals in specified timeline
- Processing in data analysis and management
- Drafting reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- Liaising with project collaborators and partners
- Performing various laboratory administrative duties
- Supporting various Centre’s events & activities
- Handling other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s)
- A PhD degree in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related disciplines
- Preferably with research experience in transistor fabrications, flexible electronics, sensors.
- With strong passion in conducting applied research in device physics
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbal communications; clear and concise writing skills
- Good time management with a strong sense of responsibility and research ethics
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 1-year temporary basis or 2-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and the contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their up-to-date C.V., quoting the job reference number, with information on current/expected remuneration and availability, to email@example.com. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until April 30, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The personal data provided in your application process will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. The personal data may be transferred and disclosed to, and used by HKU Innovation Holdings Limited and The University of Hong Kong for the above purposes.