Associate Scientist (CRISP), Satellite Remote Sensing
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will conduct R&D in remote sensing and will be expected to participate actively in remote sensing.
The following requirements are expected from the candidate:
- Experience and skill in scientific and engineering computing
- Some experience in remote sensing, GIS, machine learning and/or 3D Modelling will be an advantage
- Ability to code and implement data/image processing and/or machine learning algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to work towards both scientific and operationally oriented goals
A good Bachelor Degree (with Honours) or a Master's Degree in Science, Engineering, Computing or other relevant disciplines.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: CRISP, Block S17 Level 2, 10 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119076.
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Centre for Remote Imaging, Sensing and Processing (CRISP)
Job requisition ID : 15110