Research Fellow, Power Systems and Power Electronics
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The project involves design and evaluation of an AC/DC Distribution network for Medium Voltage applications. It will allow you to develop research expertise in Renewable Energy Integration, Electric Vehicle Integration and Energy Storage System.
You will be required to:
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modeling and simulation verification of Medium Voltage DC grids and their control with AC grids
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modelling and simulation of Power electronics systems used in Grid applications
- Work synergistically with PI and other stake holders
- Publication of research result in high impact journals
- Manage Project and its operation
- Be involved in technology development to increase the technology readiness level toward manufacturability.
- Ensure system design complies with existing electronic and electrical standards for certification.
- Provide support to a team of engineers in solving multi-disciplinary problems, including preparation of documentation and presentation of results of analyses/testing to peers and customers.
- Conduct high-quality research, propose his/her own research ideas, and to be an active member of the department.
- At least a Doctoral degree in electrical engineering
- Possessing knowledge and research experience in power electronics and distribution level power systems.
- Proven experience with EDA tools PSCAD/EMTP, Ansys, MATLAB/Simulink.
- Has knowledge in Computer based Modeling of Power Systems and Power Electronic converters
- Experience Power system Analysis and control for distribution systems.
- Experience in control and modelling of Power converter systems
- Knowledge of renewable energy and energy storage systems
- Has technical proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
- Doing research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Good Analytical skills, good project management skills will be needed.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18113