Research Fellow, Junior Research Scientist Equivalent (O&G)
5 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is recruiting talented scholars at multiple levels: Post-doctoral Fellows, Senior Post-doctoral Fellows, and Research Scientists to work in NUS Bia-Echo Asia Centre for Reproductive Longevity and Equality, and a new centre of Global Centre for Asian Women’s Health. Our interdisciplinary program is designed to provide experiences that foster research scholars’ professional development by working closely with national and international experts, and equip them with independent research skills in multi-disciplinary areas, such as nutrition, reproductive health, maternal and child health, endocrinology, behaviour intervention, statistics and epidemiology.
Successful candidates are expected to
- conduct original research for publications based on data from several large cohort studies in the United States and in Singapore, such as the U.S. National Institute of Child and Human Development (NICHD) Fetal Growth Studies, Diabetes & Women’s Health Study (www.dwhstudy.org), Growing Up in Singapore Towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO), and the Singapore Preconception Study of Long-Term Maternal and Child Outcomes (S_PRESTO);
- present at scientific conferences;
- contribute to competitive grant applications; and
- mentor junior researchers within a multi-disciplinary research team. Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their independent research initiatives using the wealth of data from the school and collaborative national and international institutes.
Candidates with a doctoral degree in epidemiology, nutrition, or a closely related field or those with a medical degree with some experience or advanced graduate training in epidemiology, population health, or biostatistics are invited to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with strong research experience in any of, but not limited to, the following areas.
- Diabetes, obesity, and cardiometabolic health
- Nutrition, lifestyle and mental wellness
- Omics research, especially on metabolomics and microbiome
- Behavior intervention
- Reproductive health, maternal and child health
- Aging and neuro-cognitive function
- Women’s health
- Developmental origins of disease
- Epidemiological methods
Preference will also be given to candidates with
- Strong analytical or quantitative skills
- Good track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience in statistical software (e.g., STATA, SAS, R)
- Experience in grant/proposal writing
The position provides health insurance. The salary is commensurate with training and relevant research experience. Multiple positions are available and will remain open until qualified applicants are found.
Applicants should email:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a statement of research interests;
- three letters of reference; and
- transcripts for undergraduate and graduate degrees to the contact listed below.
Note: Official transcripts may be requested if selected for an interview.
Applicants need not have completed their doctoral training prior to applying, although training must be completed prior to the start of the position.
Professor Cuilin Zhang
Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
National University of Singapore
12 Science Drive 2, MD 1
Tahir Foundation Building, level 15-03E
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (in the email subject, please clearly state “Application-research fellow/scientist”
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12445