Research Assistant, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
6 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (O&G), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Department of O&G is dedicated to providing excellent and affordable care to patients, to support patient care through best-in-class medical practices informed by insights from cutting-edge clinical and translational research. Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension into an administrative managerial position
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to coordinate research projects under This position is to provide administrative support as a Research Assistant to Prof Zhang Cuilin, Director of the Global Centre for Asian Women’s Health, NUS School of Medicine. The Centre is research-intensive and involves global collaborations to advance women’s health, particularly in administrative support so that projects may run smoothly and meet milestone targets. The Research Assistant will work closely with Prof Zhang and various project stakeholders (e.g., PIs, RAs, clinics) to ensure successful project completion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with relevant stakeholders for participant recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The Research Assistant will be able to:
- Support IRB application/administration & maintain Investigator Site File
- Conduct study recruitment, answer general enquiries on study and checking of study eligibility
- Conduct informed consent in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Responsible conduct of research (RCR) guidelines and the Human Biomedical Research Act (HBRA)
- Scheduling of study screening and follow up visits
- Perform study measurements, data and biological sample collection accordingly to SOPs
- Maintain regular communication with other team members in different study sites
- Manage research study databases, including data queries
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data collection based on medical records and data entry
- Manage schedules of PIs, RAs, and recruitment subjects, so that projects will run optimally, incident-free, and without significant delays
- Plan appropriate coordination strategies to manage project requirements
- Provide effective and timely assistance to Director in managing her calendar and meetings to ensure smooth and organized workflow; Assist with matters related to Director’s participation in conferences/seminars and workshops
- Assist in travel arrangements, act as claims assistant for travel, transport and hospitality submissions, so that the Director’s travel plans are well organized and hassle-free
- Able to develop his/her own research interest embedded in the Global Women’s Health Centre and conduct relevant study analysis for manuscripts
The applicant should:
- Bachelor degree, preferable with knowledge/experience in public health, medicine, and/or biology be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Takes initiative and possesses strong problem-solving skills, ability to multitask and able to perform independently;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strict integrity standards in handling confidential matters;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tact, discretion, and diplomacy to work with a diverse group from varying cultures;
- Well organized with good monitoring and follow-up skills within tight deadlines;
- Resourceful and comfortable in a fast-changing environment;
- Strong time-management and organization skills.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13748