Assistant Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
6 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine invites applications from candidates for faculty positions as Assistant or Associate Professor to contribute to population health research in the NUS Bia-Echo Asia Centre for Reproductive Longevity and Equality, and a new Global Centre of Asian Women’s Health. Our interdisciplinary program is designed to foster scholars’ professional development by working closely with national and international experts in multi-disciplinary areas, such as nutrition, reproductive health, maternal and child health, endocrinology, behaviour intervention, health longevity, biostatistics and epidemiology.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D., M.D., or S.D., as well as graduate-level training in epidemiology, nutrition, or a closely related field or substantial experience with the development or application of epidemiologic methods. The candidate must have at least two years of postdoctoral or equivalent research experience. To fill the positions, we intend to take a broad view of closely related fields, including but not limited to such areas as
- Diabetes, obesity, and cardiometabolic health
- Nutrition, lifestyle and mental wellness
- Omics research, especially on genetics, metabolomics and microbiome
- Behavior intervention
- Reproductive health, maternal and child health
- Aging and neurocognitive function
- Women’s health
- Developmental origins of disease
- Epidemiological methods
.Preference will be given to candidates with
- Excellent track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Good track record in proposal writing in general, and for associate professor position, a strong track record for successful funding application
- Strong analytical or quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent mentoring experience
Multiple positions are available and will remain open until qualified applicants are found. First round of application review will start on March 1st, 2022.
Applicants should email
- a curriculum vitae;
- a statement of research interests; and
- name and contact information of three references (reference letters will be requested if selected for an interview) to the contact as detailed below.
Professor Cuilin Zhang
Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
National University of Singapore
12 Science Drive 2, MD 1
Tahir Foundation Building, level 15-03E
Email: email@example.com (in the email subject, please clearly state “Application-faculty”)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.