Post-doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (99829)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (Ref.: 519615)
Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (“ABIC”) is collaborative effort coordinated by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) undertaking R&D projects at the Hong Kong Science Park. The aim of the Centre is to develop new and disruptive biomedical instrumentation that will meet the growing needs in medicine and contribute sustainably to human health. The candidate will work in aptamer-mediated diagnostics projects under the themes of Screening Tests / Personalized Companion Diagnostics and would be working in a team led by Professor Julian Tanner, HKU, as the supervisor.
We now invite applications for the captioned post(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Laboratory research in innovative multidisciplinary diagnostics technologies
- Providing technical solutions for ongoing R&D projects
- Translating research outcomes into real use cases and commercially viable applications
- Writing reports relevant to the projects, preparing paper publications and presentations and patent filing, as well as delivering convincing technical pitches to collaborators and partners
- Developing collaborations towards leading initiatives towards new spin-off companies and other initiatives
- Handling other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s)
- PhD degree in any of Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Medicine, or related disciplines
- Multidisciplinary research experience in various aspects of molecular biology, biomedical engineering, chemistry, electrochemistry, microfluidics would be advantageous
- Strong passion in innovative biomedical research with an international perspective open to collaboration
- Entrepreneurial interest with long-term view towards spin-off company leadership
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbal communications; clear and concise writing skills
- Good time management with a strong sense of responsibility and research ethics
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 1 or 2-year temporary basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and the contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their up-to-date C.V., quoting the job reference number, with information on current/expected remuneration and availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until April 30, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The personal data provided in your application process will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. The personal data may be transferred and disclosed to, and used by HKU Innovation Holdings Limited and The University of Hong Kong for the above purposes.