Associate Professor / Professor of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $148,986 to $191,724 p.a.
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Academic Level D | $148,986 - $163,910 p.a.
- Academic Level E | $191,724 p.a.
- Location: Tonsley
About the College of Science and Engineering
At the College of Science and Engineering we believe in the power of science and engineering to solve real world problems. We strive to advance fundamental science, to create new technologies, and to work across discipline boundaries. Our interests scale from the sub-atomic through to entire oceans, forests and beyond. We seek to understand the past, but also to create the world of the future. Our College is an exciting place to research, study, and work, supported by best practice teaching methods, practical work-related learning, and advanced facilities.
About the Role
Based at the new state of the art Tonsley Campus, Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Flinders University is in an exciting phase of growth. In this role, you will lead the research and teaching related activities of the area and promote the College as a centre of excellence in engineering education and research, both nationally and internationally. Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Providing leadership in inspiring and innovative teaching informed by approaches that enhance the student experience.
- Providing leadership to the integration and management of aspects of the academic and administrative life of the College.
- Making an outstanding high-quality personal contribution to research and community service through original and innovative contributions, obtaining competitive research grants from outside the University and sustained publications within high quality journals.
- Supervising to completion Flinders research students including doctoral students in Engineering and growing the PhD cohort.
- Mentoring more junior academic colleagues in the College, especially academic staff in Engineering, including co-publishing, co-supervision, and co-submission of external competitive grants.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of winning research grants, either Category 1 or others, industry collaboration, teaching excellence and be willing and able to take significant leadership roles within the College of Science and Engineering.
Candidates will be determined to be suitable for Level D or Level E positions depending on their relevant experience. While candidates from any branch of electronic or electrical engineering will be considered, those working in one or more of the following fields are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Defence related fields such as radar systems and electronic warfare
- Power systems engineering
- Sustainable energy
- Control engineering
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the relevant position your are applying for: Associate Professor (Level D) Position Description Professor (Level E) Position Description
- For more information regarding this position, please contact: Alistair Rendell
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
16 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.