Research Engineer (Advanced Robotics Technology Innovation)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
A Research Engineer position is open in the research group of A/P Wang Xinchao, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS). The Research Engineer will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) on one or more research projects. The candidate will join the research team in the areas of Advanced Robotics Technology Innovation.
The successful candidate is required to:
- Contribute to programming, modelling, and human robot interaction
- Contribute to computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Contribute to the implementation of incremental semantic segmentation, and efficient learning models.
- To advance the knowledge, to publish in leading journals and conferences.
- To prepare and meet the project deliveries and milestones.
- Recognised degree in Bachelor / Master in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong programming skills in one of the programming languages: C / C++, Matlab, Python
- Have prior project related experience
- Good team player and be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal communications.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meet tight deadlines
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17691