Research Fellow, Department of Information Systems and Analytics
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore is seeking to fill at least one Postdoctoral Research Fellow doing research in Information Systems.
Successful candidates will collaborate with the IS area and other affiliated faculty, advance their own existing research initiatives, and interact with other departmental postdocs.
The postdoctoral positions are one-year appointments expected to begin in November 2022, renewable for a second year. Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in Business Administration with specialization or in a related field. Demonstrated interest and expertise in the operations, information systems, and/or business analytics are required. Prior training in empirical research methods is preferred. A publication record is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Ph.D. degree in Information Systems, Economics, Computer Science and other related areas;
- Motivated to develop as a scholar to generate innovative insights through entrepreneurial research activities and engagement with both academics and practitioners. Interested in and familiar with news/knowledge in technology, economics, and/or business strategy;
- Strong foundations in mathematics, computer science, and econometrics; Experience in data collection, data cleaning, exploratory analysis, and causal analysis; Proficient in programming languages such as Python and Stata;
- Comfortable with English working environment with strong verbal and written skills;
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.