Research Fellow, Energy Storage: Battery and Supercapacitor
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Research team has developed “precisely engineered strong 3D graphene foam structure” which can open up other research directions upto real life applications in strong collaboration with world leading industries.
- The successful candidates will be conducting their high impact research in
- Nanoscale engineering of 3D graphene foam and its supercapacitor application under extreme working conditions which battery cannot cover. New applications in extreme environments such as short run memory and pressure gauges in downhole environment, implantable medical devices, cold temperature aerospace applications and IoT devices etc. This project is in collaboration with National institute and industries (e.g. ST Engineering and DSO, etc)
- Hybrid nano-composite 3D foam synthesis for high Energy Battery. New battery development with high energy and power densities for automotive, satellite, train & microgrid applications. Targeting new energy conversion/storage application.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized PhD degree (or equivalent)
- preferably in electrochemistry, material science, Nanoscience, or equivalent.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of excellence in experimental research.
- Candidates with experience in energy storage applications (supercapacitors/batteries), characterization and material synthesis are highly encouraged to apply.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 17687