Research Engineer (Environmental Engineering / Water Engineering)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The successful candidates will be working with the impact of climate change on water quality in drinking water distribution system (DWDS). The candidate contributes research skills, domain knowledge and expertise as well as be involved in the publication of papers. The candidate will also benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking through participation in conferences and other meetings.
The term of appointment shall be for 1 year, with the possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance. The remuneration and benefits are internationally competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should have
- A degree in environmental engineering, or a related discipline, with background in water supply and treatment
- Experience in operation of both lab- and pilot- scale drinking water distribution systems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Experience in producing reports and peer-reviewed publications.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute