Executive / Senior Executive, Centre for Applied Research
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will administer SUSS's research policies and assist in research operations within the university.
You will work closely with the Department manager to oversee research projects and organise research-related events. You should have good communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work with academics, students, and other administrative executives. With the ability to multitask and attend to detail, you can handle various administrative tasks and projects efficiently within given timelines.
- Handles Centre’s general administration and maintenance of office records
- Assists Centre’s day to day operations
- Maintains department policies, procedures and e-repository
- Facilitates compliance of research activities to the corporate governance
- Provides administrative and logistical support for researchers across the six schools engaged in research projects and activities
- Assist in procurement activities for approved research projects and activities
- Tracks research expenditures and ensure expenses are in accordance with budget allocations
- Participates in Centre’s external research projects as well as perform quantitative work
- Assist in preparation of documents, results and reports required for research projects and management reporting
- Supports the Centre’s initiatives to promote research culture in SUSS including research grant information sessions for prospective researchers applying for grants
- Organizes the Centre’s in-house seminars, events, courses and workshops
- Serves as a liaison with other public institutions and industry/business partners
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or higher in any specialized field.
- 1-2 years of experience in research administrations and survey projects within an academic research centre, institute or company preferred.
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Ability to work independently and display initiative
- Ability of multi-tasking and responding to changing priorities
- Ability to perform information research and data collation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, spreadsheet computations and statistical software packages
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and judgment