Senior Research Fellow, Biodiversity and Natural Capital
5 days left
- CHARLES STURT UNIVERSITY
- Albury-Wodonga / Orange / Wagga Wagga, Australia
- $125,300 - $144,318 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- 06 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Opportunity to develop a research program spanning different disciplines
- Develop research partnerships with national and international organisations
- Take a "natural capital" approach to take stock of all resources
- Fixed term (up to 5 years) Full Time
- Level C - $125,300 - $144,318 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Albury-Wodonga, Orange or Wagga Wagga
The Gulbali Institute creates impactful integrated agriculture, water and environment research, grounded in Charles Sturts footprint across the Murray-Darling Basin, but with impact across Australia and globally.
The Institute brings together multidisciplinary teams to undertake research and innovation, focusing on:
- Agriculture - Optimising farm systems for performance and sustainability
- Water - Enhancing the health and resilience of freshwater ecosystems
- Environment - Promoting biodiversity across landscapes
An exciting opportunity exists to undertake and engage in high quality, impactful research in the Gulbali Institute and contribute to developing a research program in Biodiversity.
You will be expected to leverage this knowledge and take a "natural capital" approach to take stock of all resources (for instance trees, soils, air, water - all living things) and document the range of benefits (or services, sometimes called ecosystem services) that are produced
To be successful you will have:
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant field
- A record of significant research achievement
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Biodiversity gained through industry and / or scholarly activities
- Capacity to utilise and embrace current and emerging technologies to achieve work objectives
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
Charles Sturts work in Agriculture, Water and the Environment (AWE) has made a strong contribution to our UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) ranking where we are placed 67th overall out of 1406 participating institutions.
Our research in AWE has been targeted for strategic investment, with the University committed to driving research which has impact across Australia and globally. The key pillar of this strategic investment is in the establishment of the Gulbali Institute with particular areas of research excellence in biosecurity, food and wine science, water and fisheries management and environmental stewardship. The Institute focuses on applied research that addresses major global challenges and government, industry, and community strategic imperatives.
Based at the heart of the food bowl of Australia, the Institute works in close collaboration with two commercial farms, one of the largest digital farms in the Southern Hemisphere, a commercial winery and vineyard of the future and a huge range of world class technical and industry standard facilities - clinics, glasshouses, labs and studios - spanning more than 2500 hectares.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Professor Lee Baumgartner | Executive Director, Gulbali Institute | email: email@example.com | Ph: 0427 070 056
Closing Date: 11 pm, 3 April 2023