5 days left
- MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY - SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
- North Ryde, Australia
- $76,908 - $87,443 per annum, plus 17% employer's Super and annual leave loading.
- 05 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Research Assistant with skills in quantitative and qualitative data collection via surveys, interviews, and focus groups to contribute to a range of projects seeking to increase clinician and consumer engagement in various aspects of health service delivery.
- Salary Package: (HEW Level 5) Base salary $76,908 - $87,443 per annum, plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading. Pro-rata rates apply for part-time appointments
- Appointment type: Full-time or part-time, fixed-term position for 24 months
- Macquarie University (Wallumattagal Campus, North Ryde) location
The successful candidate will be required to:
- develop survey, interview and focus group materials and apply these with healthcare professionals and consumers;
- develop applications seeking ethical approval for the conduct of research;
- conduct data analysis with quantitative and qualitative data derived from surveys, interviews and focus groups;
- conduct literature searches of health and medical research;
- draft and contribute to the development of peer-review publications and other research outcomes;
- work both independently and as part of a team, while being able to meet tight deadlines and be able to adapt workloads, as necessary.
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic graduate Research Assistant, with qualifications in public health, psychology or management. The successful applicant will have experience in quantitative survey research and qualitative research via interviews and focus groups. They will be interested in working in a multi-disciplinary team, be able to work independently and demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking about research questions.
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what's possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale. The
Faculty forms part of MQ Health, an integrated academic health sciences enterprise which incorporates Macquarie University Hospital and primary and speciality clinics. We have active research programs in neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. Our Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI), an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health and patient safety.
The Centre for Health Systems and Safety Research, one of the core research centres within AIHI, has a multi-stream program of research which focuses on investigating the outcomes and safety of health services. The Centre has particular expertise in assessing the impact of information technologies and investigating the role of electronic health records and decision support in supporting improved health care delivery and health outcomes. The Centre's research team is multi-disciplinary and applies a broad range of research techniques, from RCT designs to direct observational studies of clinical work.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we've grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must:
- Respond to the selection criteria below and then upload the response as a separate document (cover letter) during the online application process
- Specify in the cover letter whether you are applying for full time or part time employment
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. public health, management, psychology)
- Experience with different research designs and communities in health research, including statistical analysis of survey data and qualitative methods
- An emerging track record of peer-reviewed publications
- Strong analytic skills, including use of SPSS, Stata or SAS
- Demonstrable excellent oral and written, inter-personal and team communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively on research projects
Specific Role Enquiries: A/Professor Reema Harrison, Centre for Health Systems and Safety Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jasmine Xia, HR Assistant at email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday, 27 March, at 11.55 pm
Note: This position requires the completion of a criminal record check.
Diversity and Inclusion
Innovation and ingenuity thrive at Macquarie University when diversity, equity and inclusion take centre stage. At the University, we embrace a culture where diversity of background, experience and perspective are fundamental to our success.
We do not discriminate on gender identity, age, culture, disability, sexuality, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities or religion. See our journey towards leadership in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education.
At Macquarie, we believe by providing flexibility in when, where and how work is done, we can support our staff to manage their personal commitments, while optimising their work performance and contributions to the University. See how we lead in flexible work to enable an outcome focused and inclusive workplace. To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.