Research Fellow (Urology - Dept of Surgery)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 03 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow for the project entitled “Impact of age on the response to immunotherapys” in the Department of Surgery (Urology), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Department of Surgery has several research groups with interest in cancer, nanomedicine and metabolic diseases. It is a clinical department with clinicians, medical undergraduates and post-graduate students pursuing research programs. More information on the department is available at http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/medsur/. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis with the possibility of extension based on performance.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow is required to assist in the development of a murine model of aging and to use the model to assess the impact of immunotherapy on aging mice. The RF’s principal role will be to perform animal and lab-based experiments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RF will be able to:
- Carry out research work which involves handling laboratory animals, and performing animal studies,
- Plan and perform experiments,
- Document research work, collect, analyze and interpret data,
- Review the literature on the research topic,
- Present data during monthly internal meetings or conferences,
- Assist to generate progress reports for regular progress updates to grant body,
- Assist in administrative procurement processes such as which includes sourcing for vendors and, liaising with vendors to request for quotations, etc.
- Assist in laboratory safety and management,
- Supervise attachment students,
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI
The applicant should:
- Have a PhD or are waiting for the outcome of their PhD thesis;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, GraphPad, MS office, and
- Have a good command of English, and good written and verbal communication skills
- Previous lab experience with molecular biology skills is essential as well as experience with working with animals (mice)
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr. Ratha Mahendran at 66013982.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees to this job portal. The referees should include previous employers. Submission for this post closes on the 10th March 2023.
The candidate would be expected to be able to start work by the latest May 2023.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19272