Senior Lecturer / Lecturer (Business Analytics), NUS School of Computing (ACE)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 03 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The NUS School of Computing (SOC) offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes across the full spectrum of the field of computing, including Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics and Information Security, as well as specialisations in emerging areas of importance such as artificial intelligence, fintech, blockchain, analytics and security.
SOC Advanced Computing for Executives (ACE) unit was established to help business leaders, managers and professionals learn about emerging technology and how to harness them for digital transformation and business competitiveness. ACE drives the expansion of
SOC’s lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way and aims to be the premier educator and thought leader in advanced computing and information technology.
About the Role
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join ACE unit. Reporting to the Head, Executive Education, the incumbent shall develop, review and deliver executive education programmes/seminars related to Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Science, Business Analytics and Applied Statistics to business leaders, managers and professionals, as well as provide support in outreach activities and consultancy work.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade, based on the individual merits of the candidate. This role is offered on a 3-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory on-the-job performance of the incumbent, and demand for the assigned programmes.
Remuneration is on a 12- month salary package plus variable performance bonus, as well as regular employee benefits such as leave, medical and insurance coverage.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate, design, conduct and administer executive education programmes, academic modules at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, workshops and seminars as assigned
- Liaise with Programme Managers and clients in determining training needs such that course materials are designed and contextualised to achieve desired learning outcomes
- Devise training strategies and create training materials, including testing and reviewing created materials
- Monitor and assess learners’ work, invigilate examinations
- Source for and harness resources for instructional technology
- Provide credible training consultancy services for ACE’s clients
- Participate in business development, marketing and promotion activities of assigned programmes
- Research and stay current on the state of the art in artificial intelligence, business analytics and other information communication technology (ICT) practices
- Supervise and coach training assistants in supporting training sessions
- Carry out administrative duties as required
Academic & Professional Certification
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, Statistics, or an IT-related discipline from a reputable university
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in advanced business analytics and data visualisation
- Sound technical experience with applications like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Tableau and QlikSense, as well as coding using R and Python, preferred
- Exposure to data mining, machine learning, deep learning, big data, artificial intelligence, simulation and deployment of production data science models an advantage
Experience & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in the teaching of adult learners, especially business leaders, managers and professionals, with at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present and explain difficult concepts clearly, concisely and in plain simple English
- IT savvy and proficient in information systems and business analytics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and meticulous with strong administration skills
- Results-driven, self-motivated and highly disciplined
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Resilient, resourceful with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and thrives in a fast- paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Information Systems And Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes