Lecturer in Communication (Academic Level B)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Adelaide, Australia
- $104,838 - $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 03 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Based in UniSA Creative at the City West campus, Adelaide
- Full-time, continuing position
- Salary Range: $104,838 - $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As the Lecturer in Communication, you are responsible for the development, delivery, and coordination of courses within UniSA Creative’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs. In addition, you will provide academic leadership to support the Unit’s teaching and learning strategy in ways that will enhance the student experience and ensure UniSA graduates are the preferred employees of industry.
You will contribute independently and as part of a team to support the Academic Unit’s teaching and research outcomes and to carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and/or professional activities making a significant research contribution in related areas.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver courses in a range of areas including the design and delivery of courses for on campus and online modalities
- Maintain the quality of the courses through course review and development meeting industry, organisational needs and educational requirements
- Work with Program Directors and administrative staff to ensure seamless administrative operation of the courses
- Enhance the research profile of the Academic Unit through collaborative research with high profile universities, and organisations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD qualification together with associated experience in research and teaching in the area of Communication
- Demonstrated high quality teaching outcomes with evidence of a strong commitment to continuous improvement of teaching practice and learning outcomes, in on-campus and online settings
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with industry for the benefit of teaching and/or research
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About UniSA Creative
At UniSA Creative, we focus on developing creative professionals equipped with the skills and knowledge to influence our cultural landscape and to meet future industry demands. Our research explores the complexities of the world around us, with unique cross-disciplinary collaborations that produce inspired, human-centred solutions.
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sara O’Donovan, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4960.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 10 April 2023
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.