Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $79,828 to $120,380 p.a.
- 03 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Fixed term for 2 years Full-Time
- Teaching Specialist (Clinical / Practitioner) Level A | $79,828-$96,742 p.a.
- Teaching Specialist (Clinical / Practitioner) Level B | $101-724-$120,380 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park, Adelaide South Australia
About the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
At the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, we aim to be an innovator in contemporary education producing a safer and more resilient health and social care workforce. Our mission is to improve lives and empower communities, enabling better health and caring in the world through an exceptional student learning experience. At the College, our research mission is about co-creating new knowledge which promotes wellbeing, and better care and support, to individuals and communities across the lifespan. We work proactively with industry partners and professional bodies leading to more employable and innovative graduates.
About the Role
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences is seeking either an Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics to join our talented academic staff at Flinders University. In this position, you will harness innovative teaching practices and technologies to deliver an interactive and personalised approach across the suite of Nutrition and Dietetics topics. You will create and conduct lectures, tutors, practical classes, demonstrations, and workshops, with a focus on clinical skills training and/or supervision of students undertaking work integrated learning. While concurrently engaging in practice within the field of Nutrition and/or Dietetics in a clinical or community setting, you will apply your understanding of the nexus between teaching and learning, research, scholarship, and practice to ensure teaching is in step with contemporary practice.
More specifically, as the Associate Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, you will contribute to the preparation and delivery of the College’s Nutrition and Dietetics topics, with the support and guidance of senior academics to aid your career progression and professional development in the higher education environment.
As the Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, your leadership will contribute to excellence in teaching by making an independent and high-quality contribution to teaching via curriculum design and review, and the creation and coordination of lectures, tutorials, and workshops. You will also contribute to community service and strengthen new and existing partnerships with external stakeholders that have potential for improved teaching, learning and research outcomes.
With your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you will maintain strong relationships with diverse staff, students, and industry stakeholders. Your natural ability to collaborate and engage with relevant external professional domains will develop productive partnerships that can provide opportunities for students and promote graduate employability. Your keen attention to detail will allow you to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while always demonstrating a commitment to high quality service delivery.
As the Associate Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, you will also have:
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching at a tertiary level within Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed 4 years of tertiary study or equivalent qualification and experience in Nutrition and Dietetics, as a minimum.
- Current membership with Dietitians Australia and recognition as an Accredited Practising Dietitian.
- Relevant and contemporary clinical experience in Nutrition and Dietetics and an ability to maintain concurrently within or outside of this position.
As the Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, you will:
- Have demonstrated evidence of excellent teaching at a tertiary level, inclusive of simulation and/or clinical settings.
- Have a Doctorate in a relevant field or equivalent clinical experience and professional standing in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Hold and maintain a current membership with Dietitians Australia and recognition as an Accredited Practising Dietitian.
- Demonstrate relevant and contemporary clinical experience in Nutrition and Dietetics and an ability to maintain concurrently within or outside of this position.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment:
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- If applying for the Associate Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, you are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- If applying for the Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, you are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Michelle Miller.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
19 Mar 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.