Risk & Compliance Officer
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD)
- Dublin, Leinster (IE)
- £56445.70 - £65959.49 per annum
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Applications are invited for a Temporary 5 year post of a Risk & Compliance Officer within UCD Office of Chief Risk Officer.
The Office of the Chief Risk Officer is a new functional area in University College Dublin and is responsible for the following functions -
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Health and Safety
- Subsidiary Company Governance
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Office & Commercial Secretary the Risk & Compliance Officer is a newly created role within the University. The post holder will play a key role in embedding an enterprise risk management system across the University that enables the University to achieve its strategic goals in a sustainable manner. They will also be responsible for providing Secretarial supports to UCD's subsidiary companies and advising the wider University community on matters of compliance within defined areas.
Working in a collaborative manner they will engage with various partners and stakeholders to realise key initiatives and support the University's journey of continuous improvement. The post holder will be responsible for -
- Developing and implementing the University's Risk Management Framework in line with the University's Risk Management Policy
- Providing training and guidance on risk management matters to members of the University Community, tailoring the training to match the needs of the audience
- Acting as Deputy Company Secretary for UCD's wholly owned subsidiaries and supporting the Company Secretary
- Developing compliance registers and guidance on compliance for various areas of University operations
- The day to day line management of staff within the Office of the Chief Risk Officer
- Any other duties aligned with the role as prescribed by the Chief Risk Office & Commercial Secretary
The role will involve working closely with Unit Heads and Heads of Schools, providing advice and guidance and developing innovative solutions across the remit of the wider portfolio of the Office. The post holder will require an ability to work independently, foster collaborative working relationships and meet exacting standards.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: UCD is committed to creating an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated, and everyone is afforded equality of opportunity. To that end the university adheres to a range of equality, diversity and inclusion policies. We encourage applicants to consult those policies here https://www.ucd.ie/equality/. We welcome applications from everyone, including those who identify with any of the protected characteristics that are set out in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.
95 Admin Off Ia\2013 (2010) (7080) Salary Scale: 65,388 - 76,409
Appointment will be made on scale and in accordance with the Department of Finance guidelines.
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 23rd of March 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications. UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/.